Meaning, Medicine & Magic
Cheetah Spirit Animal Symbolism:
Speed, Intervals & Groundedness.
Cheetahs are the most grounded of all cats. They’re poor climbers and only need water every few days. They thrive on the ground without seeking other realms in air, water, or dreams. They are excellent teachers for doing your work here on Earth.
With Cheetah, you have access to incredible speed. By storing your energy you can strategically focus it into quick power-packed movements or steps that will surpass other’s attempts at the same task.
By studying and connecting with Cheetah’s energy you will learn the importance of intervals. There are times when it’s best to act fast and explosive. Equally vital, are the moments when it’s best to rest, wait, and nurture yourself.
Practicing intervals ensures that you’ll have enough power to act and sustain yourself when the next bursting idea calls.
Cheetah’s fuel burns from its heart. Radiating like a passionate supernova at times. This amount of passion makes you susceptible to burnout.
Although Cheetahs can reach places and goals very quickly, they also tire extremely fast. One cannot burn at that pace for long periods of time. Practice burning in short bursts with ample times of rest in-between.
Lessons In Wild Play
Nature is a master teacher. Research your animal’s habits in the wild and try playing & acting as it. How could this help shift your experiences?
- The tear shaped stripes that stretch down from Cheetah’s eyes are an invitation to let your emotions flow. Don’t bottle up your feelings or they could combust in a dangerous way. Let them naturally flow down your cheeks like warrior paint. Wear them proudly.
- Due to their slender build and blunt claws, Cheetahs would rather consent to stronger will powers than fight. Recognize this tendency in yourself and navigate carefully between balancing when you know it’s a waste of energy to fight, and when it’s imperative to you hold your ground. How much power and control are you giving to others? Where is the boundary line for you? Do you trust in your own tenacity to protect what’s yours when it matters most?
- Cheetahs are the only big cats that cannot roar. This asks you to focus more on your purr. Use your passionate loving purr to communicate with others instead of competing with other’s roars.
- Cheetahs have poor night vision and are more active during the day. They prefer to hunt while the other big cats are sleeping, giving them the best chance to hunt. Think about this tactic in your own work situation. Is there a way you could sprint and pounce on opportunities while your competitors are “asleep” or distracted? Take your pick while the others are focused somewhere else. You don’t have to be in the thick of competition to get yours. Searching and building your business and tribe where others are not is clever and efficient.
- Cheetahs don’t randomly sprint towards anything. They are strategic and wait until the timing is right. Be calculated with where you choose to burn your fuel.
- While hunting, only half of Cheetah’s attempts are successful, and the hunt only lasts about 20-60 seconds. We don’t get what we want every time. Through acceptance, persistence, and reflection we can try again knowing that we will eventually succeed. Success doesn’t always last long, but don’t fret because you’re skilled at creating similar wins time after time.
Splash & Dance…
with Water, Color & Spirit
Watch the magic in lightspeed action…
Call on Cheetah
Invite Cheetah into your life. Surround, inspire, and remind yourself that your spirit animal guide is with you & within you. Embody the skills of your power animal and share your unique gifts with the world.
Save the symbolism on Pinterest
Dive in Deeper
Spirit Animal Readings
Discover what messages your spirit animal(s) have for you. Through my visual meditations, I can take you on a journey full of wonder and intuitive guidance.
Custom Totem Animal Painting
I would love to paint your spirit animal for you. What animal is calling to you?
I want to hear about your Cheetah experiences. What stories or dreams have you had? Please share and join in the conversation below!