Meaning, Medicine & Magic
Owl spirit symbolizes wisdom, intuition, insight, the messenger, mystery, freedom, secrets, stealth, and vision.
Owl enjoys the mysteries of life and has an appreciation for life’s magic.
Owl asks you to examine things from the perspective of how they truly are, in order to see things that are usually hidden from view, such as other’s motives.
Using Owl-vision allows you to extract secrets beyond the veil of illusion in order to access knowledge and wisdom. Trust your instincts about people.
During confusing and changing times, Owl can help you to make confident decisions that let you step away from situations that no longer serve you.
- They rely on their flexible necks in order to observe their world. Keeping your neck stretched and relaxed will help open you up to greater perceptions.
- Like other birds of prey, Owls have a third eyelid that helps to clean their eyes. This is a reminder to keep your vision clear and to realize that you already have all the tools you need in order to keep your vision clean, sharp, and focused. What could be fogging your ability to see situations clearly? What could you “clean up” in order to see more clearly? Whatever you’re seeing is more than just wild imagination. Trust it.
- Owls fly silently due to a feathered fringe on the front of their wings. Practice silently going about your business.
- Their eyes are dark brown (they almost appear black), instead of yellow like most Owl’s eyes. This represents your deep connection to the cosmos and to creative potential. You can see far and deep.
- Barred owls like to stand in streams and eat crayfish. Sometimes they eat so many crayfish that the feathers on their bellies turn pink! You have the ability to access things from other realms (spirit, dreams, imagination…) and bring them back to this world, manifesting them in
personal transformationthat serves the highest good of all.
- The Barred Owl gets its name from the bar-like marks on its feathers. This is a strong symbol of protection, not a jail. Barred Owls know where their personal boundaries lie and they show this to others through a physical expression, radiating out self-respect. Is there a way you could adorn yourself in order to humbly tell others that your space is sacred?
- How do you communicate with others? Barred Owls are the most vocal of all Owls. Their hoot has a laughter-like rhythm to it. Try bringing more humor and silliness into your conversations with others. We could all use a chuckle.
Save the symbolism on Pinterest
I want to hear about your Barred Owl experiences. What stories or dreams have you had? Please share and join in the conversation below!